14 December 2010

Rejoice


"For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost." Luke 19:10

It is only after I realized that I could not solve my own problems that I started to look outside myself for answers. Turning to the world and its empty promises only complicated my life, nearly destroyed my family, and made life worse. I had made myself hostage and the chains that bound me I put there myself. And, then love rescued me.

Tired of the world, Christmas has become holy to me. The birth of Christ means hope and mercy to a person who deserves neither. I sit in the quietness of my home, pray for my boys, pray for my wife, look at the Christmas tree, and rejoice like a man nearly drowned might rejoice, plucked from the sea and resting face down on the deck of a ship as he waits for strength to return to his body. Thank you, Father.


The punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. - Isaiah 53:5


... I praise our heavenly Father for you. I raise my hands and cry out to Him that you are blessed this Christmas, in Jesus name ...



6 comments:

  1. “Christmas has become holy to me. The birth of Christ means hope and mercy to a person who deserves neither.”

    Beautiful words, Russell, that we all should echo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... plucked from the sea and resting face down on the deck of a ship as he waits for strength to return to his body...

    How much more the rejoicing when one later finds a dry Rock to lie upon in Sonshine.

    This is my favorite Christmas song. This version by Selah, with distinct violin, is a favorite version. Watching the video makes me long to touch my Savior's precious face.

    Nicely put together, Rusty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a sweet sound in the quietness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa- Thank you for stopping by and reading my post ... :-)

    Jason - Thanks Bro.

    Anne - I should have thought of thought of resting upon a Rock ... :-)

    Nance - Woot ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Post and so happy the chains you put there yourself have been untangled, as Love rescued me too!

    ReplyDelete